Book Report alternatives
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
Here's some other ways of writing or giving an oral book report.
- Narration. Write what the book was about. Describe the characters and what happened to them in the story.
- In Depth Character Study. Describe one character in as much detail as you can. Why do you like this character? Why not? What did this character do? Use some words and phrases that the author used to give a picture of this character.
Draw what you think this character looked like.
- Change the Ending. How would you have liked the book to end? Write your new ending.
Describe your ending in detail. Would that have suited the rest of the book? Why or why not?
- Draw a map of the events that happened in the book. If it was an adventure, draw where they went, who they met along the way and difficulties they faced. Show where it was in the world, or if it was an imaginary place, draw a suitable map.
- Outline the story. Write a simple outline of the plot of the book. - Characters (Who) Setting (Where, When) Plot (How, What happened, Why), Problem, Resolution and conclusion.
Use this Story Map to outline a story or book.
I hope some of these ideas are helpful to you.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Homeschool Ideas - Writing.
Dec 21, 17 09:23 PM
Educational Homeschool Games are a fun addition to family life and to any homeschool curriculum.
Dec 21, 17 09:10 PM
Create Christmas Baubles as fun family memories
Dec 04, 17 10:48 PM
What did you use in 2017 for your homeschool curriculum plan? Let us know and I can add it to this page. Other homeschool families will love to hear about your successes (and failures!) Share your exp…