Book Report alternatives
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
Here's some other ways of writing or giving an oral book report.
- Narration. Write what the book was about. Describe the characters and what happened to them in the story.
- In Depth Character Study. Describe one character in as much detail as you can. Why do you like this character? Why not? What did this character do? Use some words and phrases that the author used to give a picture of this character.
Draw what you think this character looked like.
- Change the Ending. How would you have liked the book to end? Write your new ending.
Describe your ending in detail. Would that have suited the rest of the book? Why or why not?
- Draw a map of the events that happened in the book. If it was an adventure, draw where they went, who they met along the way and difficulties they faced. Show where it was in the world, or if it was an imaginary place, draw a suitable map.
- Outline the story. Write a simple outline of the plot of the book. - Characters (Who) Setting (Where, When) Plot (How, What happened, Why), Problem, Resolution and conclusion.
Use this Story Map to outline a story or book.
I hope some of these ideas are helpful to you.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Homeschool Ideas - Writing.
Oct 18, 19 11:00 AM
"At a time when many of us feel overwhelmed by the 24/7 demands of the digital world, craft practices, alongside other activities such as colouring books for grown-ups and the up-surge of interest in…
Oct 16, 19 05:19 AM
"Most WA children’s experience of learning involves going to school and sitting behind a desk for hours on end surrounded by 20-30 others and being taught a structured curriculum by a teacher. But a r…
Oct 14, 19 02:13 AM
Homeschool Preschool Ideas :gentle ways to schedule the day and keep learning fun in every day activities. Homeschool your preschooler without being overwhelmed