Book Report alternatives
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
Here's some other ways of writing or giving an oral book report.
- Narration. Write what the book was about. Describe the characters and what happened to them in the story.
- In Depth Character Study. Describe one character in as much detail as you can. Why do you like this character? Why not? What did this character do? Use some words and phrases that the author used to give a picture of this character.
Draw what you think this character looked like.
- Change the Ending. How would you have liked the book to end? Write your new ending.
Describe your ending in detail. Would that have suited the rest of the book? Why or why not?
- Draw a map of the events that happened in the book. If it was an adventure, draw where they went, who they met along the way and difficulties they faced. Show where it was in the world, or if it was an imaginary place, draw a suitable map.
- Outline the story. Write a simple outline of the plot of the book. - Characters (Who) Setting (Where, When) Plot (How, What happened, Why), Problem, Resolution and conclusion.
Use this Story Map to outline a story or book.
I hope some of these ideas are helpful to you.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Homeschool Ideas - Writing.
Dec 13, 18 01:04 AM
Create writers by teaching descriptive writing using modeling. Examine and copy the great authors descriptive writing styles - as a way to teach and develop your own.
Dec 12, 18 08:08 PM
Don't be overwhelmed in teaching Home school math - Read about spiral / horizontal math curriculum, learn how to teach math in different ways, worksheets, skill list, software, math games and math liv…
Nov 30, 18 03:47 AM
Looking for free printable writing paper for you and your children to use? The lined paper comes in four different formats.