Book Report alternatives
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
Here's some other ways of writing or giving an oral book report.
- Narration. Write what the book was about. Describe the characters and what happened to them in the story.
- In Depth Character Study. Describe one character in as much detail as you can. Why do you like this character? Why not? What did this character do? Use some words and phrases that the author used to give a picture of this character.
Draw what you think this character looked like.
- Change the Ending. How would you have liked the book to end? Write your new ending.
Describe your ending in detail. Would that have suited the rest of the book? Why or why not?
- Draw a map of the events that happened in the book. If it was an adventure, draw where they went, who they met along the way and difficulties they faced. Show where it was in the world, or if it was an imaginary place, draw a suitable map.
- Outline the story. Write a simple outline of the plot of the book. - Characters (Who) Setting (Where, When) Plot (How, What happened, Why), Problem, Resolution and conclusion.
Use this Story Map to outline a story or book.
I hope some of these ideas are helpful to you.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Homeschool Ideas - Writing.
May 03, 18 07:46 PM
Deepen your child's understanding of Ancient Greece with memorable history project ideas so they love learning and have fun on the way. Great homeschool history projects.
May 03, 18 07:33 PM
A step by step homeschooling guide will show you how to start homeschooling - how to decide, plan and organize according to your goals.
May 03, 18 07:10 PM
Homeschooling Pros and Cons list to help you decide if homeschooling is right for your family; An honest look at the benefits and reasons why some parents choose not to homeschool;