No Sew Fleece Blanket
No sew fleece blanket
If you are looking for simple art projects for kids - you will love this really easy no sew fleece blanket.
We bought some fleece material of contrasting colours and cut two pieces of the same size.
You can make the blanket as big or as small as you like.
My children made these blankets into throw rugs for themselves when reading a book, listening to a story or watching a movie.
This is how we made the no sew fleece blanket:
1. Cut out the material - 2 fleecy fabrics same size.
2. Cut a 5 inch square from each corner.
3. Now cut a fringe along each side. The fringe should be a little more than a finger width and 5 inches deep. Use a ruler as a guide from corner to corner.
4. Cut the fringe around each side.
5. Tie the strips together - tie both fabrics together in this way. We tied every alternate strip around the whole blanket, then turned the blanket over and tied the other strips. This helps to keep the blanket even.
6. Don't over tie the knots.
Here's a video to help you understand how to do this simple and fun art project for kids.