Simple Lantern Balloon Craft
This is not a new balloon craft idea, but it is simple, easy and fun to do.
The fun thing about this craft is that it is great to do with all ages and the end result can be used for a wide range of fun ideas. The lanterns can be threaded with LED lights for a party atmosphere, or if you make sure the gaps are small, you can use the balloon balls as baskets or bowls for little trinkets.
They will look quite different depending on the colour of the thread you use.
The steps involved:
1. Prepare your area by covering a table with an old vinyl table cloth as this can potentially get messy.
2. Pour white glue into a bowl and dilute it a little with water.
3. Blow up the balloons to the required size depending on what you will use it for.
4. Cut lengths of string - you can cut it to 3-4 feet so that it doesn't get completely tangled.
5. Coat the thread with the glue. You can do this by painting it on or with your hands.
6. Place the thread over the balloon in a lattice manner and keep on going to close the gaps. When the string ends make sure you place the end on another string and secure it with a little extra glue.
7. Hand the balloon to dry in a place where the glue can safely drip.
8. When dry, pop the balloon and carefully remove it between the threads.
9. Tie them together if you're going to hang it and thread through LED lights if you want. Alternatively, carefully cut the balloon to make a bowl or basket.
Here's another picture of a balloon lantern idea.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Homeschool Ideas - Art.
Dec 13, 18 01:04 AM
Create writers by teaching descriptive writing using modeling. Examine and copy the great authors descriptive writing styles - as a way to teach and develop your own.
Dec 12, 18 08:08 PM
Don't be overwhelmed in teaching Home school math - Read about spiral / horizontal math curriculum, learn how to teach math in different ways, worksheets, skill list, software, math games and math liv…
Nov 30, 18 03:47 AM
Looking for free printable writing paper for you and your children to use? The lined paper comes in four different formats.