Book Report alternatives
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
Here's some other ways of writing or giving an oral book report.
- Narration. Write what the book was about. Describe the characters and what happened to them in the story.
- In Depth Character Study. Describe one character in as much detail as you can. Why do you like this character? Why not? What did this character do? Use some words and phrases that the author used to give a picture of this character.
Draw what you think this character looked like.
- Change the Ending. How would you have liked the book to end? Write your new ending.
Describe your ending in detail. Would that have suited the rest of the book? Why or why not?
- Draw a map of the events that happened in the book. If it was an adventure, draw where they went, who they met along the way and difficulties they faced. Show where it was in the world, or if it was an imaginary place, draw a suitable map.
- Outline the story. Write a simple outline of the plot of the book. - Characters (Who) Setting (Where, When) Plot (How, What happened, Why), Problem, Resolution and conclusion.
Use this Story Map to outline a story or book.
I hope some of these ideas are helpful to you.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Homeschool Ideas - Writing.
Mar 23, 17 05:44 PM
Homeschool Preschool Ideas - gentle ways to schedule your day and keep learning fun in simple, every day activities. Here's the easy way to homeschool your preschooler without being overwhelmed!
Mar 23, 17 07:36 AM
Solo Build It - the best possible way to build a profitable web business; All the tools included to help you to focus on the business.
Mar 14, 17 07:44 AM
Design your own living books curriculum as a basis to teach homeschool history to richly explore the time period! Your kids will LOVE it!