Art Projects for Kids
No sew fleece blanket
If you are looking for simple art projects for kids - you will love this really easy no sew fleece blanket.
We bought some fleece material of contrasting colours and cut two pieces of the same size.
You can make the blanket as big or as small as you like.
My children made these blankets into throw rugs for themselves when reading a book, listening to a story or watching a movie.
This is how we made the no sew fleece blanket:
1. Cut out the material - 2 fleecy fabrics same size.
2. Cut a 5 inch square from each corner.
3. Now cut a fringe along each side. The fringe should be a little more than a finger width and 5 inches deep. Use a ruler as a guide from corner to corner.
4. Cut the fringe around each side.
5. Tie the strips together - tie both fabrics together in this way. We tied every alternate strip around the whole blanket, then turned the blanket over and tied the other strips. This helps to keep the blanket even.
6. Don't over tie the knots.
Here's a video to help you understand how to do this simple and fun art project for kids.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Homeschool Ideas - Art.
Nov 27, 16 08:53 PM
Homeschool Freebies and Giveaways - latest 2016 homeschool competitions to win amazing curriculum and resources
Nov 25, 16 08:45 AM
Now, until midnight November 30th, 2016, you will have a chance to buy and download any of my Design-your-homeschool.com ebooks for half the price! You won't see this advertised on the Ebook pages, bu…
Nov 17, 16 10:24 PM
Thinking about learning stages helps to focus our attention on the best teaching methods, what to focus on and real life learning in their stage.